To and Fro with Jess and Dro.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Just a tidbit.

Sometimes we dont say the things that need to be said. I'm not quite certain what holds us back when it comes to this topic. Whether its our lack of enthusiasm on the subject, our drifting minds that seem to lose connection with thought every couple seconds, our carelessness when it comes to the emotional needs of others or plain ole' pride and fear of rejection.... we are just plain selfish sometimes. What's interesting about this to me is that we seem to have no problem whatsoever, spending countless hours wasting time talking about absolute nonsense. But the things that others need us to say, to encourage and uplift them, build their dreams, melt their heart or even just cause a smile, seem to be the furthest words from our lips. 


Busyness is the culprit in my life. I hate that word. Havent we all just become too busy? It seems to be our excuse for every shortcoming we have in relationships. "Sorry I'm just so busy." Its not a bad thing to be busy and in motion when it comes to productivity or pursuing our futures, but we can control how busy we are and what we are willing to sacrifice on behalf of our choices. I pray we make decisions with our time that we will not regret one day down the road. I pray that we wont be too busy planning ahead that we miss what could have happened with the people around us today. 



In the words of my precious husband, "Sometimes you just gotta flip over the table and put back only what really matters." I hope you will join me in doing that today!


Just a thought :) 


On that note: I am going to throw my to-do list in the trash, and go spend my night talking and cuddling with my guy.



No comments:

Post a Comment